Thursday, June 24, 2010

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT... (ABIDE)

ABIDE Series... (Wk2) LOVE

CRAZY thing to me in LIFE is WHY some things just DON’T SEEM RIGHT? (Like…)

1. I wonder WHY it’s such a compliment to tell a woman she ‘looks like a breath of spring’ - but not to tell her ‘she looks like the end of hard winter!’ WHY!?

2. I wonder WHY it pleases her to say ‘time stands still when you look into her face’ - but not to say ‘her face would stop a clock!’ WHY!?

3. I wonder WHY when a parent tells his child to tell people ‘Say I’m not home’ – but we punish our children for lying! WHY!?

4. I wonder WHY when the preacher says "Hang with me – I’m almost done…" - he isn’t! WHY!?

5. I wonder WHY a speaker who ‘needs no introduction’ - gets one anyway! WHY!?

6. I wonder WHY God still LOVES us – even though we act the majority of the time as if He doesn’t exist! WHY!?


LOVE (First PIECE of FRUIT!)

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; ABIDE in My love. (IF Clause #2…) 10 IF you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and ABIDE in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (IF Clause #3…)14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (Note... Listen to this next PART – note it’s NOT a SUGGESTION but rather a…?) 17 These things I COMMAND you, that you love one another.

THE BIG IDEA… (Comes in TWO Questions This Series…)

First… Are You CONNECTED (ABIDING) to the VINE?

Second… If You are CONNECTED (ABIDING)… HOW MUCH FRUIT ARE YOU PRODUCING?


Look at what John 15:17 says... “This is my command: Love each other.”



PLEASE NOTE… THIS ISN’T AN OPTION FOR A FRUIT-PRODUCING BRANCH THAT’S PART OF THE VINE!


Somebody PLEASE tell me what’s so CONFUSING about terminology like…

…Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away

ABIDE in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it ABIDES in the vine, neither can you, unless you ABIDE in Me.

…He who ABIDES in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

…If anyone does not ABIDE in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

IF you ABIDE in Me, and My words ABIDE in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

IF you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My love “

…This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain…

These things I command you, that you love one another.


SEE YA SUNDAY @ COC!

Maricopa Wells Middle School / 9A & 10:45A

No comments: