Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Focus... (Happy Birthday Isaac!)

Our OLDEST - Isaac Matthew - celebrated his 10th birthday this past Sunday! Leaving the single digit years goodbye! He now considers himself a "PRE-TEEN" - can I take that as a good thing!?

We're waiting a week to REALLY CELEBRATE as Grandma & Pop will be here next week and we are heading up to WOODS CANYON LAKE for a 5 Day Camping Trip! However... we did do OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE on Sunday - his choice and really a boy after my own heart!

Also... We also had a little DAD/SON time on Saturday PM as just the two of us went to the CARDINALS Home Opener!

Enjoy the pics...

The greatest thing on the night was on our HOUR drive home - I gave him controls of my iTouch and said SURPRISE me with a PLAYLIST! He started out with EUROPE (The Final Countdown) - then we went to BONNIE TYLER (Total Eclipse Of The Heart) - moving to a foursome of JOURNEY (Don't Stop Believin' / Faithfully / Open Arms / Separate Ways) - then we had some BOSTON (More Than A Feeling) - moving to some WHITE LION (Little Fighter) - then closing it with QUEEN (Show Must Go On)!

To cap this off he then said...
"I LOVE THE 80's - I WAS BORN THREE CENTURIES TOO LATE!"

To which I replied - with a serious laugh...
"I THINK YOU MEAN THREE DECADES TOO LATE BUDDY - BECAUSE 1710 MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN AS COOL AS THE 80's!"

I HAVE ONE STINKIN' COOL KID!

No comments: