Thursday, April 17, 2008

TWO WEEKS ALREADY!??!?!?

Where does the time go? Please - if you have an answer to that question - I'd be willing to PAY FOR THE ANSWER (not literally)!! It's been two weeks since my last post!? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!? Well...I do have a logical reason for that - I have been gone the past week and a half and have had LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS - and knowing that I'm not the best at posting as frequent as I'd like - that adds a little to the controversy! Nonetheless - I AM HERE!!

Took a brief 'Sabbatical' - that's CHURCHY talk for "A BREAK" - for a few days at first! Then headed to GARY & NICHOLE'S Wedding (Odessa, TX) - it's official folks - the infamous G-SHACK has accomplished what's eluded him for some time - MARRIAGE! Gary is the Admin/Youth Pastor here at COC, I've know Gary for over 10 years, since I coached him in HS Football & Baseball. He married a "GEM" (Nichole Birkelbach) - continuing the reality that MEN DO MARRY OUT OF THEIR LEAGUES!

But, I'm back - been in the office ALL WEEK! Studied today for the April 27th Message, and am taking another LEADERSHIP DAY tomorrow, I'll be attending a Maximum Impact (John Maxwell) ADVANCE LEADERSHIP SIMULCAST at Cornerstone Christian! Looking forward to gleaning some LEADERSHIP TIPS!

I HAVE A SECRET...I HAVE SOME "NEWS" COMING IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO - I JUST NEED TO WAIT FOR A FEW THINGS TO FINALIZE BEFORE I CAN SHARE - SO MAYBE THIS WILL INTRIGUE YOU ALL TO CHECK THIS BLOG MORE FREQUENTLY - AND TO URGE ME TO POST MORE OFTEN! NONETHELESS - IT'S HUGE!! JUST WAIT!!

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...

A couple on their 50th wedding anniversary, summed up their long and happy marriage. The husband said, “I have tried never to be selfish. After all there is no I in marriage.” The wife responded, “ For my part, I have never corrected my husband's spelling.”

We're heading into the FOURTH WEEK of a Series called...LOVE AFFAIR
We've had great response to this Series thus far - as we focus heavily on the MARRIAGE and how to Prepare for it and Maintain it!

This week - We'll be taking a look at the FOUR ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS that God established for a Great & Godly Marriage!

Unfortunately - we as IMPERFECT people have made a mess of His Perfect Design! Therefore...
PAIN happens and FORGIVENESS is either Given or Not!?
In the response, FORGIVENESS must be Received or Not as well?!

GRACE is that KEY INGREDIENT to make right what has been wronged!

WE MUST TAP INTO GOD'S GRACE IN ORDER TO DO WHAT WE ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING -- FORGIVE!

GOD NEVER WASTES A HURT!
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO SAVE WHAT YOU THINK IS LOST!!

Hope to see you Sunday as we look closer at THE VALUE OF FORGIVENESS!

No comments: