Monday, August 25, 2008

Heading to FIJI...

Sorry, once again that it's been a while from the last post! Things are pretty 'amazingly fast' right now in my life!

Today, I am heading to FIJI to a very small location in the jungle regions called "HOMES FOR HOPE". Myself, our Outreach Pastor (Mat Balgaard) and three others from COC (Rob & Amber Dolson - Brad Dandurand) will be leaving today with about 7-8 others from some sister churches (Sun Valley Community / Superstition Spring Community / Rock Point Church).

'Homes for Hope' is a strategic mission that is dealing directly with the rescue and restoration of Women and Children out of the Sex Traffiking Industry! We are doing our best to completely be ready to be used by God in seeing WHERE it is that COC can be involved in righting this injustice!

Our passion has always been have our heart that breaks with the same things that break the very heart of God! VISIONABOLITION.ORG (ck it out)

Please keep us in your prayers (AUG 25-SEPT 02)!
Keep our families in your prayers as well!

You can check our progress and pix at... TEAMFIJI.ORG & GOCOC.BLOGSPOT.COM

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...

Started a new series this title I AM NOT BUT I KNOW I AM - featuring many excerpts from Louie Giglio's book - I AM NOT BUT I KNOW I AM

Louie Giglio writes in his book…I Am Not But I Know I AM, ‘If you see your life as your own one-act play and history as your story, you could be in a for a rude awakening when the curtain finally closes on your tiny tale – and you discover that life wasn’t all about you after all. The real story of life is GOD – “I AM” – the main character and true star of time and eternity. He is at center stage in all of Creation, and He wants you to know Him by name. Knowing “I AM” means celebrating your smallness in light of His Greatness!”

This series deals primarily with PERSPECTIVE! Identifying how HUGE GOD is, and how REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SMALL - we are!!

Finally coming to understand what God's Name is... "I AM"
And coming to terms with what our name is... "i am not"

Come check it out!!

No comments: