Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

Where in the world have I disappeared to? Between the worlds of FB & BLOGGING, add into the mix of Husband, Daddy and Lead Pastor -- sometimes TIME FLIES!!

Well, the kiddos headed back to school yesterday, Big "I-Man" is in 2nd grade and had a great day! Little "C" is now a Kindergardner and LOVES SCHOOL! His back pack is about HALF his body size and he won't let you take it off of him!

Charis is my little 'Chunky Monkey' right now, she is really developing her 'Girlish Curves' - love her to death!

GMA & POP are here from Missouri, spoiling them all absolutely rotten and then will do something Evil -- LEAVE!!! We actually are heading to San Diego tomorrow for Isaac's 8th Birthday (LegoLand / Sea Life Aquarium / Padres Game) - we'll be hanging out with Ginger's Family (Brown's/Partida's) who live in San Diego and also we'll be meeting my Bro (Jeff), Sis-In-Law (Ally) and neice (Summer) and nephew (Jake) as well - they are coming down from LA - my mom is out there as well - she also will be coming, then she's heading hear to AZ (next week) for a week to stay with Ging while I'm on the FIJI MISSIONS TRIP (more to come on that next week)!!

CK OUT THIS "CHUNKY CHICA!"

GREAT FORM...


SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...
Finishing up our last week of LAW & ORDER!
COMMANDMENT #10 - CONTENTMENT

Exodus 20:17 "Do not covet your neighbor's house. Do not covet your neighbor's wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else your neighbor owns."

THE PROBLEM TODAY… WE HAVE A NEW RELIGION!

CONSUMERISM!
-We are constantly preached at to buy…
Newer . . . Faster . . . Bigger . . . and Better!
-We’ve changed Scripture to read…
“Seek ye first the kingdom of ‘stuff’ and ye will find happiness!”
-The modern Latin conqueror proclaims…
“I Came . . . I Saw . . . I Shopped!”
-The ‘Religion of Consumerism’ has…
Theologians as Marketers…
Priests as Ad Men…
Temples as Shopping Malls and…Worshippers as Shoppers!

The Tenth Commandment is a major change from the previous Nine Commandments…
-The first nine deal with BEHAVIOR in general!
-The last deals with INWARD ACTIONS such as lust and greed!
WE VIOLATE OR BREAK THE FIRST NINE – BECAUSE OF THE TENTH!
The tenth deals with Motives (i.e. violating the law before breaking them)
The tenth reveals the dark regions of our heart!

NO WONDER WHY GOD ENDS WITH THIS PARTICULAR ONE!
It’s linked with “ALL THE ABOVE!”

Ck us out this weekend - should be a GREAT CLOSER!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pastor Josh...

Kind of amazing that in the same day, actually a few minutes difference I bumped into your blog (running the race) after I received an email from Worship House Media about their new video called "Run the race". So I kind of connected the dots and I am sending you the link to see the video.

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/index.cfm?hndl=details&tab=MM&id=5441

I'll keep an eye on your blog :) so far I really like it.

Andrei