Friday, July 30, 2010

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT... (Better Parent By Sunday)



SOME ADVICE FOR YOU & YOUR TEENS... (if your kiddos have moved into the TEEN years!)

BECAUSE I SAID SO...! (Ever heard those words?! / Ever used those words!?)

How many remember your Mom saying something like…? “BECAUSE I TOLD YOU TO!”

How many would have heard your Dad say something like…? “BECAUSE I’M YOUR DAD!”

And how many of us have the HONESTY to admit NOW – in those Moments – we said something (to ourselves of course!) “That’s the STUPIDEST ANSWER!” (YES! Stupidest is a word!) We said… “That ANSWER is RIDICULOUS!” And how many of you said something (in that moment)“I WILL NEVER GIVE THAT ANSWER – TO MY KIDS!”

Maybe they could’ve said something like…

“I don’t really have a REASON right now!”

“I’m not for sure WHY – at this Moment!”

“I don’t have an EXPLANATION right now!”

But... What if that MOMENT intended to mean… “Because I AM Your Father – Because I AM Your Mother – there is a minimum level of HONOR that that POSITION REQUIRES OF YOU!”

If there was only ONE THING that you were INSURED of being Successful In Your Parenting… MAYBE THAT ISSUE WOULD BE TEACHING YOUR CHILD ABOUT HONOR – Towards Authority!

Ck-out COC this Sunday and find out... WHAT GOD HAS TO SAY ABOUT PARENTING!

No comments: