Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FAMILY FOCUS... (Treasure every moment!)

It is with heavy heart that I post today. A good friend of mine this past weekend - tragically lost his 34 year old wife. She was taken from this life in a car accident on Saturday evening - leaving behind her husband & three small children - all under the age of 10. These kinds of unexpected deaths leave many with speculation & confusion as to WHO is in control of life. It is in these moments that we MUST realize that - though we may have convinced ourselves that we have CONTROL of our lives - we are NOT in CONTROL - never have been & never will! Leaving us with a comforting thought - if perceived accurately - GOD IS IN CONTROL - always has been and always will be!

These are the moments that we MUST seek His counsel as a refuge - when the answer to - the all to obvious question is... WHY? I don't know much about this life - I don't claim to have answers for much of anything - however... it's in these moments that I rest assured in God's Sovereignty and in His promise that He CAN & WILL provide me with a... "PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING" - when I do ask WHY?

As my heart grieves for my friend Greg & his beautiful children - I find myself gaining better perspective with the TREASURE the Lord has given to me... GINGER - ISAAC - CALEB & CHARIS! It is in these moments that I MUST do everything in my ability to TREASURE EVERY MOMENT with them - for I KNOW NOT how many more MOMENTS I may have to TREASURE!?

Every death is a tragic loss - yes. Unexpected deaths - such as this one - take many years to heal from. The one thing that we can CELEBRATE in this unexpected passing is this... Death on earth brings loss to man - however... Death of a FOLLOWER OF THE WAY may be our loss - but it sure is heaven's gain! We REJOICE in knowing that Leigh Ann is with our FATHER & she is doing great right now!

Please PRAY for my friend Greg Tonkinson & his precious children... Caden - Bailey & Malia!
Please PRAY for them this Thursday & Friday as they say their earthly farewell & PLEASE pray for them in 6mos - 12mos - 24mos... as they continue to TRUST in JESUS in providing His continual promise of a... "PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING!"

MY TREASURE...

1 comment:

Susanna Barrett said...

Thank you, Josh for this post! It really puts into words what many are feeling! And we will continue to lift up Greg and the family!