Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FAMILY FOCUS... (What Does God Think?)

This week in my Family Focus - I thought I'd just share a little bit of what's going on in MY world at times! Family ROCKS - and I'm sure I'll be back next week with updates & pics - I just thought from time to time I'd share my heart - so look for this to happen on occasion in the future - hope you enjoy!

I'm a pretty big fan of Perry Noble's Blogs - incredible insight & foresight that often uplifts & encourages me at 'just the right moment!' Haven't ever done this before - but one post that he recently posted really spoke to me - thought I'd share...

One of the things I think church world needs to learn is that there are actually VERY few experts in the world today… especially in ours.

We love the experts… the ones who can tell us WHAT to do and HOW to do it (even if they’ve never darkened the doors of our church) and we will buy whatever they are selling because; after all, they are the EXPERTS!

Please don’t misunderstand… I am NOT saying that there is never a time for outside opinions and/or some sort of consulting… but the problem develops when we depend on THEM way more than HIM! (You know, the One who called, equipped and will sustain us!)

He has an incredible track record of using non-experts…

  • Joseph was not an expert statesman… but God used him to preserve a nation.
  • Moses was not an expert leader… but God used him to lead His people to the place of promise.
  • David was not an expert soldier… but God used him to bring down the biggest problem the Israelite army had ever seen.
  • The Apostles were not experts… but God used them to plant the church (see Acts 4:13.)

When it comes to HOW to do church… there simply are no experts! There is not one type of church that works at every place at any given time. If there was a formula for doing church then why in the world did Jesus address seven different churches in seven different ways in Revelation 2-3?

Too many times pastors/church leaders want the easy answer rather than committing themselves to doing the hard work and actually seeking the face of God and begging for His wisdom and guidance… talking to the 'EXPERTS' is easy… just plug in the formula and BAM… double your attendance. AND after years of watching this chaos happen I think we can all admit… this does not work…

Hope you enjoyed that as much as I did & that it encouraged you as well! Perry writes many incredible thoughts often & I'd encourage you to check him out sometime... perrynoble.com

Here's what I've learned the most about Church-Planting & Pastoring - IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THINK - however it's vitally important that I KNOW & CARE... WHAT GOD THINKS!

No comments: