Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cold, Achy, Feverish...SICK!!

It's been quite a week! Last weekend the RSV junk finally caught up with me! I've eluded it this past season, but in the tail end it reached down with its nasty claws and grasped my HEAD/NASAL/CHEST regions and infiltrated me like a thief! I feel so violated! Keep me in your prayers as I continue to FIGHT!

Last weekend was good though! Last Friday, I had a chance to go see in person the GREATEST GOLFER TO EVER WALK THIS EARTH - Tiger Woods! My wife (Ging) and some friends went to the WGC in Tucson! I am not necessarily a huge fan, but I am in amazement at his skill, focus, and ability to WIN! We will NEVER see another like him! On top of that thrill, my mom had been here for about a week, and on Saturday, my uncle shows up at my house with my DAD! Surprise visit! It was really great seeing him, even though it was brief! My brother and family also came in from California for the weekend to visit as well!

Yesterday, my folks headed back and today, my in-laws (Tom & Wanda) arrived. Haven't had a chance to see them just yet! It's good to have them here! Our family's are such a blessing when they come, making life easier! I thank the Lord for the heritages that God has blessed myself and my wife with! GREAT - GODLY PARENTS!!

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...
We launch a new series this week...SOUL STEALERS

Drugs, Work, Sexual, Relational, Rage & Anger, Food, Compulsive Health, Alcohol, Nicotine, Caffeine, Money and/or Media...The lure of TEMPTATION is strong, it’s not always seen right away. All it usually takes is one glance, one touch, one drink, one bite, and before we realize, our life begins to disappear before our very eyes. We’re trapped, with no visible sign of escape. When dealing with SOUL STEALERS like these, you must realize it is a SLOW FADE to destruction…In the words of a song entitled Slow Fade (Casting Crowns) it paints a clear picture of what cannot always be seen in advance

“It’s a SLOW FADE, when you give yourself away! It’s a SLOW FADE when black and white are turned to gray! Thoughts Invade, Choices are Made, a PRICE WILL BE PAID! People never crumble in a day! Daddy’s never crumble in a day! Mommy’s never crumble in a day! Children never crumble in a day! Families never crumble in a day! It’s a SLOW FADE!”

I’ve never met anyone who CHOOSES to be addicted to anything. Most every encounter is a learned behavior. What we need to do is educate ourselves in the fact that we cannot win these battles on our own, we must tap into The Higher Power (God) who created us to “experience life, and to experience it in abundance!”

Please know in closing…
GOD NEVER WASTES A HURT!

No comments: