Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm Still Here...

Ok-Ok! It's been about a week and I haven't posted, but I'm still here! I've been in Texas this past week with my buddy Brad Wilkerson, getting ready for his NIGHT OF VISION with COC METRO (http://cocmetro.com/). We've had a great week! I'm so proud of his accomplishments in preparing for his new Church in the 380 Corridor! It should be a GREAT night tomorrow!

I really am missing my family a lot! Haven't seen my wife (Ginger) or my oldest (Isaac) for about a week! They went to Missouri to visit family, my youngest (Caleb) and I hung out together for 3-4 days, and I headed out to Texas this past Monday! Looking forward to seeing them Monday of next week!

Keep my friend Jon Lloyd in your prayers this weekend, he and his dad are launching a new ministry in Evansville, IN this coming Sunday (http://journeychurchev.com/)! It should be a great Church!

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...
I'm out this weekend, and our GO Pastor (Mat Balgaard) is kicking off our New Series (TOO COMFORTABLE) this weekend! Should be a GREAT WEEK! It's OUTREACH EMPHASIS MONTH at the COC!

Tell me something, who doesn’t like to be comfortable? After all, we live in an often uncomfortable world. Sometimes…discovering real comfort requires us to be uncomfortable! In fact, Jesus described what it meant to be uncomfortable. Take for example what He said would be the price of ‘Following Him’…(Luke 14:25-28a) “Great crowds were following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, "If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And you cannot be my disciple if you do not carry your own cross and follow me. "But don't begin until you count the cost...”

Following Jesus requires a sacrifice. One must count the cost before they follow the cross! The real idea of COMFORT comes from the two Latin words: com fortis – literally translated it means “With Strength.” Another word often used for Comfort is Encouragement. I once heard a story regarding Encouragement… Someone once asked a paratrooper how many times he had jumped out of the plane while he was in the military. He said, “None.” His friend said, “What do you mean, ‘none,’ I thought you were a paratrooper?” He said, “I was, but I never jumped. I was pushed several times... but I never jumped.” – That’s Encouragement! God’s way of giving Comfort is to give us the strength to do what needs to be done in telling others about His Love! Let me ask you something today; wherever you are at on your Spiritual Journey…ARE YOU TOO COMFORTABLE?

No comments: