Friday, February 1, 2008

TWO FULL WEEKS OF BLOGGING...WHOA!?

Well...another week down with my committed 2-3 posts a week accomplished! This would be #2 of the week! It's been a good week for me as a blogger - eh?! I am trying to get as much as I can done - I'm heading out of town the first of next week for an entire week (No Worries...I will still do my best to POST!)! I am really excited - I'm heading to TX to visit one of my best friends - Brad Wilkerson (http://blog.cocmetro.com/)! He is the Lead Pastor at our first Network Church - COC METRO (http://cocmetro.com/)! They are hosting their "NIGHT OF VISION" next Saturday, Feb 09th! Keep them in your prayers!

We are going to be doing what I call a "ONE HIT WONDER" - which is basically a message that is not attached to a Series. The message is a C.O.R.E. VISION MESSAGE --Gather+Grow+Give=GO! / The Discipleship Process! We do these from time to time and with the recent growth at the COC - we feel it important to inform all those new folks WHO we are and WHAT we are out to accomplish in Maricopa!

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...
This week we will be reviewing our Discipleship Process (Gather.Grow.Give.Go). This week is also a 'KICKER' intro to our next series...TOO COMFORTABLE which is a series dealing directly with OUTREACH!

Jesus paints a very CLEAR picture of what it is that's needed to be a DISCIPLE of His in Luke 14:25-33..."If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And you cannot be my disciple if you do not carry your own cross and follow me."

The key question of the week is simple...WILL YOU GIVE YOUR BEST?

-The COC believes whole-heartedly in GATHERING together to Worship God!
-The COC believes whole-heartedly in GROWING together in Christ - we do this through PRAYER and TEACHING the Word of God every week!
-The COC believes whole-heartedly in learning the aspect of GIVING back to the ministry through our TIME/TALENTS/TREASURES!
-And the natural bi-product of these three characteristics is GOING and fulfilling the GREAT COMMISION (Acts 1:8)!

"The Church that discovers that God wants Worshippers before Workers will always realize that INTIMACY with Him ALWAYS precedes ACTIVITY with Him!”

WILL YOU GIVE YOUR BEST?

No comments: