Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here I Am!

Another week?! WHAT?!?!?! Ok-only 1/2 of it is gone, but I definitely wanted to squeeze a post in now, before it might pass by! Totally been abother BUSY WEEK, actually I once heard a great quote that symoblizes my life sometimes, maybe yours too... "I'm busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest!"

My biggest goal when I'm busy like this is to learn how to STOP, and take time for me, but most importantly my family! I don't ever want to cheat them from me and my time, but unfortunately I do - and often! Please pray for me that I can get better at that!

Hope your week has gone well!? My mom just got in yesterday, it's good to see her! She is such a HELP to us while she's here, and of course the BOYS love it!

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT...
We finish up our TOO COMFORTABLE Series this week! It's the finale in our OUTREACH EMPHASIS MONTH! It's been a great series, our GO (Outreach) Pastor - Mat Balgaard spoke the first two weeks, and did a GREAT JOB! I am finishing it up this week with a message called...GODCAST! (Fishing For Men!)

Take a look at Matthew 4:12-22 sometime. Jesus was walking around the Sea of Galilee, a beautiful body of water in Israel. Picture about thirty or so villages around the lake, and Jesus happens across some local fisherman and says..."WANNA GO FISHING?"
The interesting thing about this story is found in their response...
"IMMEDIATELY & AT ONCE - THEY FOLLOWED HIM!"

The one fact we determine this week in our Message is this...
FOLLOWERS FISH!!
If You're Fishing, You're Following!
If You're Not Fishing, You're Not Following!

So...I leave you with this question/thought...
THE BEST WAY TO KNOW IF YOU ARE YOU FOLLOWING?
CHECK YOUR STRINGERS!!

No comments: